Sunday, March 9, 2014

March 9th,

What an amazing day we had today! I am sure ill say that many more times as we continue our journey. Today we visited the Blue Mosque, the Hagia Sophia, the Ottoman palace, several museums and the spice market. We also flew to Cappadocia, where we will spend the next two days.

Several Notes this far:
1. Jet lag is still terrible
2. The food here is different but not bad
3. Turkish delights are amazing, as well as Turkish Coffee
4. I am so thankful that we are saved by grace and that we do not have to depend on our selves to gain acceptance to a Holy God. I am thankful for the blood of Jesus that was shed on that cross many years ago, but is still as effective today! I am so thankful for the savior (and not just prophet) Jesus who died and rose again for my sake. I am so thankful for His free gift of salvation!
5. I am saddened by the severity of the darkness here in Turkey. 99% of Turkey is Islamic, and most of them aren’t even faithful. Those who are spend hours a day trying to appease a wrathful God who will never accept them. My heart is broken for the people who desperately need the free grace of Jesus Christ.

Well until tomorrow feel free to check out the Photos tab where i have posted a few snap shots from today! More pictures to come tomorrow.

P. S. - I must give a shout out to my father-in-law, Kent Bowers, for giving me the idea to post my trip on a blog! Thanks Mr. Kent!

In Christ who Alone can save,

Greg

No comments:

Post a Comment